May 27-June 5, 2017
$2,755 per person in double,
based on minimum 10 travelers
$620 single supplement
Optional Essaouira extension: June 5-8, 2017
$695 per person in double,
based on minimum 6 travelers
$475 single supplement
Textile Arts in Morocco with Noble JourneysLimited to 16 curious travelers
Travel with Moroccan textile expert Dr. Susan Schaefer Davis. You'll meet her friends and colleagues in their homes and villages, enjoy demonstrations and hands-on experiences with local weavers and other textile artisans.
- Tour Leader Dr. Susan S. Davis, anthropologist and Moroccan textile expert
- Meet rural weavers and spinners
- Special lectures on Moroccan textiles and culture
- Unique meetings and meals with local artisans in homes and villages
- Fes and Marrakech in depth
- Visit important sites and monuments
- Great shopping opportunities!
- Optional extension to charming Essaouira
Your Study Leader
Dr. Susan Schaefer Davis is a social scientist with extensive research experience and development work in North Africa for agencies including the World Bank, FAO, USAID and the Peace Corps. She has held teaching or research positions at Haverford College, the University of Pennsylvania, Rutgers University and Al Akhawayn University in Morocco. Susan has a Ph.D. in anthropology from the University of Michigan and did post-doctoral work at Harvard.
She is a vivacious, witty leader who has lived and worked in Morocco for many years, fluent in the Arabic and French spoken there. She will open the doors into this fascinating society for us to meet many of her friends and colleagues. Learn more at her website marrakeshexpress.org.
For more information contact:
Joan Noble at (800) 566-9228 / (480) 686-9676 / email@example.com OR
Susan Davis at 610-649-7717 / firstname.lastname@example.org